 |
| With Lulu at our apartment on First Avenue in NYC |
 |
| My mother's caption for this picture, "mffff". I imagine that my grandmother also made Lulu's double breasted jacket. |
 |
| The much loved Lulu I had for reference. |
In a previous post I showed photos of my beloved doll Lulu. My grandmother made one for me and my younger sister. She was a talented seamstress and also used her artistic skills and oil paints to create Lulu's sweet face. When I had worn out the first Lulu, she made me another one, which I kept until she was falling apart. By then I had inherited the pattern, which I believe she had gotten from a syndicated column in the local paper. It was a good thing I still had an original Lulu for reference.
 |
| My grandmother's tracing of the pattern |
 |
The construction instructions. One innovation made by my grandmother was to add a wooden dowel to act as a backbone and hold Lulu upright.  | | The pattern I made from the tracing |
|
 |
| The Lulu made by me. I had to had dye the white linen to a skin tone. And she is wearing Grandma's original shoes. |
No comments:
Post a Comment