Monday, June 13, 2011

Clinton L. Frank

Clinton L. Frank portrait ca. 1964  Oil in brush and pallet knife on 9x12 canvas board


Clint says, "Your Mom always took the opportunity to paint a face, whether it was a portrait or a peoplescape.  See seemed to see faces others never thought about.  Her calm and even way probably allowed her the inner eye that the creatively challenged seldom use.  I was very fortunate to have had the opportunity to have enjoyed her talent and life for a time." 

 As I have said, everyone was fair game for my mother's artistic eye.  I had completely forgotten that she did this portrait of one of my DFHS boyfriends, Clinton Frank.  But as soon as I saw it, the memory of it came back.  Many thanks to Clint for providing these images of the painting!

Clint holding the painting

Clint and me, in the car, before his 1964 graduation, taken at 11Secor Drive
Clint 1969

No comments: