Friday, January 6, 2023

Paper Dolls - Just for Fun

 My mother loved and made paper dolls since she was small.  As her artistic ability improved so did the dolls.  Her sense of humor is evident in them, and she could have been a fashion designer if these outfits are any indication.

 

I framed two of her best efforts.  First, a cute 1940s girl with a puppy dog, hats, shoes and cowboy boots.

     





 This one has a sophisticated 1950s vibe.








She liked showing the dolls in lifelike poses...




from the side or smoking a cigarette.



These fellows had no outfits for some reason.



And this plus size girl is the only one with a name...Orpha.





And another early one.

She did large scale "paper dolls" in oil of me and my siblings, as always, just for fun.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have Lena Mclean heavy set paper doll.

Marigold - Gateway to India said...

Awesome!

Donna said...

Janice Tate made two remarkable portraits of my parents, Jack and Maxine Drury. They lived in South Thomaston and were active in the arts and crafts group in the 1980s.
I treasure these portraits.

Angela Candela said...

Hi Donna,

If you want to take photos of the portraits, I would love to add them to the blog.

If you cannot reach me here, you can try on Facebook

Regards,
Angela