Saturday, July 22, 2017

MLK Peoplescape

Martin Luther King - peoplescape - approx size 30 x 48"
I had the pleasure of hearing from Michael C. Fairbanks, son of Jeanne Fairbanks, who owned the Galerie des Beaux Arts in Scranton, PA.  For many years Janice traveled to Scranton to paint portraits in the Galerie, which represented her in the area.  Michael remembers her with great fondness, " I knew your mom when I was a boy. She gave me art lessons in Scranton, Pa., and stayed in our home and painted my sisters and me many times. She was warm and attentive teacher and we were dazzled by her talent.".

Jeanne bought this stunning portrait of Martin Luther King as a gift for her husband, and it now hangs in Michael's home.  He has many other works of art on display, but says that this is the one that draws people in and gets the most comments.

Many thanks to Michael for sharing it with us!

No comments: